Hi there. I saw this tag before I started blogging and I still gave it a go, simply because it never does any harm to remember some of the little things that make us happy! So Here is my happy list:
- Spending time with my family. They are the best!
- Reading the Bible. This is the BEST book ever-Filled with so much wisdom
- Sunsets are amazing and beautiful. Need I say more?
- Clean dishes… physically washing dishes and also opening the dishwasher just after the cycle has finished to hot sparkling clean dishes.
- My little sister👯👭 she is one of the most thoughtful beings, she has such a big heart. She brings me so much joy. I absolutely love and adore her.
- Knowing that Jesus loves me so much He thought I was worth dying for. Forever grateful for His love and mercies. The steadfast love of the LORD which never ceases; His mercies never come to an end and they are new every morning. Great is the Lords faithfulness. Having a solid relationship with Jesus is key.
- Dark chocolate
- Sales. A good discount! I recently bought a dress that was marked down from
£45to £26to £8.99. Talk about a bargain!
- Watching raindrops trickle down my window. I currently live in a rainy🌦☔️ town. Rainy days have made me appreciate the sunshine more.
- Messages from my parents ❤️
- Reading the Economist Magazine…. (Please don’t judge me..but it does make me happy).
- The beach – walking on sandy beaches (bliss)🏖
- Celebrating small victories – e.g I finished a crossword puzzle this month after so long 💃🏾
- Sweet scented perfume.
A woman’s perfume tells more about her than her handwriting- Christian Dior.Haha am not sure I agree with this quote but I found it really cheesy.
- Sleeping on freshly washed and pressed bed sheets.
- KFC chicken wings
- My mums and Grandmas baking and cooking.
- Fishing with my dad 🎣🎣.
- FaceTime/Skype with those closest to my heart
- Book shops and the smell of crispy new book pages. Also my little book shelf. Je suis rat de bibliothèque. I am a bookworm!
- A hand written letter ✍🏾📝
- Black and white photos. (have a look at one of my friends awesome photography skills Instagram & website )
- Smelling fresh flowers💐🌹🌷🌺
- Thinking about how blessed I am with rich friendships, accountability, laughs and abundant love. Spending time with my friends melts my little grateful heart like syrup running down the side of a fluffy stack of pancakes.
- Completing a task way before deadline
- When Arsenal win a football/soccer match… extra happy when Theo scores ( haha )
- Horse riding lessons 🏇
- Newly done hair braids
- Spending time with the Children’s ministry at Church (Sunday school). Kids bring so much joy. I love getting big HUGS from them whenever I meet them. I also love memorizing bible verses with them and teaching them about the Lord.
- Jazz- oh how soothing jazz is 🎷🎺🎸🎻.
- Writing in my journal..Weekly reflections. Its always nice to read previous entries and see how far I have come, how much I have grown, what I have accomplished and examine areas that still have room for improvement.
- Blogging – I don’t have that many posts but best believe I love writing and sharing!!
- Perfectly parking in a spot that is deemed next to impossible. 😎🚗 #Parkinglikeaboss
- Face masks. I wrote a short post about my favourite two face masks here.
- Playing taboo with my friends and family. The game of unspeakable fun. So much fun and laughter.
- Losing at FIFA 🎮⚽to my little cousins, honestly my winning percentage is so low. I will stick to losing cause it gives them a chance to have something to be better than me at (lame excuse hey).
- Ice cream- Nothing beats ice cream from that little ice cream shop in LUSAKA..off Cairo Road.
- A good James Patterson book- preferably the Alex Cross series. Crime novels anyone??📚
- Listening to Focus on the family podcasts
- The few number of days I do not have to set my alarm clock ⏰
- Purchasing a gift for someone 🎁
- Exercise-just a simple aerobics class 🏋🏼
- Eating tasty healthy food. Nshima, chibwabwa, fish and beans = My ideal yummy meal
- When the passenger service agents at the Airport let me travel with an extra 2 or 3 kilos for free. Oh happy days. SMILE BIG and be grateful.
- Worship and praise music
- The typical Welsh accent haha it’s not necessarily music to my ears, but hearing the welsh speak tends to bring a smile to my face for some reason. (Disclaimer- I am not weird haha)
- Acing a test or an Exam
I came across this quote last week. “If the purpose for learning is to score well on a test, we’ve lost sight of the real reason for learning.”- Jeannie Fulbright
- Fresh Fruit 🍎🍐🍉🍌🍓🍍🍒🍇🍊
- Watching Coca cola adverts online. Give it a try. I have watched adverts from 1956to present day .
- Last but not least, seeing other people happy 😀.
This was actually an easy list to compile I have a whole lot more I am just sticking to the 50 challenge. Maybe next time I will come up with 100 different things. Here is a simple challenge for you. Get a pen & piece of paper or your journal and write down 50 things that make you happy and bring a smile to your face.
I hope you enjoyed reading this. What do you think of my list? Would any of the items make it to your happy list?