Hi everyone. In one of my previous posts I mentioned how much I love listening to podcasts on Focus on the Family so today I decided to share the most recent podcasts I listened to. The search for a Godly Spouse Part 1 & Part 2.
I hope you find time in your busy schedules 😉 to listen to this particular series. Filled with lots of encouragement and a good dose of humour (Alistair Begg is funny). Whether single or married you are guaranteed to learn something. Share with your friends and family too.
Qualities of a Godly Spouse
On the Focus on the Family broadcast “The Search for a Godly Spouse I-II,” the Rev. Alistair Begg described the qualities that Christians should look for in a potential spouse (based on 1 Peter 3:1-7). Those qualities are summarized below.
Women should look for a man who:
- Is committed to growing in his relationship with Jesus Christ;
- Is an individual of obvious integrity;
- Can think for himself, make good decisions, and demonstrates qualities of servant leadership;
- Can love sacrificially;
- Can laugh heartily, even at himself;
- Models genuine humility.
Men should look for a woman who:
- Has a personal faith and trust in Jesus Christ;
- Possesses beauty that is deeper than the skin (a gentle spirit);
- Is an initiative-taker with an attitude of submission;
- Is trustworthy and builds her husband’s confidence;
- Displays kindness that touches others;
- Has a sense of humour.
Remember you have to work on yourself too and not just look out for the right potential spouse 🙂
You can also subscribe to Focus on the Family for free on iTunes and listen to a variety of topics with sound biblical wisdom and guidance. Have a lovely day :).